Tuesday, February 21, 2012

winter holiday


the stars aligned on presidents day, and we were able to go sledding as a family- something we haven't done since miles was a baby.


we just hopped the fence to the school behind our house, which has a really steep hill all around the back of the property. it was such a beautiful day!


the boys loved eating snow. finn kept pulling it off his hood to eat it!


eventually we wore ourselves out and came home. we opted to show the boys the best way to eat snow (snow ice cream!) instead of hot chocolate, since we were roasting from all the exercise and sunshine!
it was one of those perfect moments where my heart was overflowing with joy. i love my little family so much, and it was so sweet to spend a fun morning together.
life is good.

4 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

Priceless!!!!!!! Sounds totally amazing-- I'm so happy for you guys! Love the pics too... Miss you and love you!!!

Erin said...

What a perfect day!! I love sledding! Your pictures are adorable. You have the cuttest family , eve. I love the picture of the boys,perfectly biggest to smallest, on the sled. Those are priceless moments.

liesel said...

yay for sledding! I need to try out your snow ice cream... isn't there a recipe on here somewhere? love the pictures!

Detta said...

What a fun day--hooray! (and thanks for sharing the pictures with us all)