Sunday, February 3, 2013

blame it on instagram

i've been lazy around here, and i blame it all on instagram..
it's just so easy: take a picture, write a caption, and you're done!
and since i've been skating along on easy street, i thought i'd just take the same route here, rather than letting the dust gather... so, i present a few of my favorite instagram pictures:

i love cozying up next to my heater in my studio downstairs in the cold basement.. but not as much as the boys do! i think i have finally trained them to ASK, first, though! one melted toy is enough..
(just decided to call it a studio, sounds pretty legit, right?!)

 i am a sucker for crocheted afghans. these colors!

finny loves this fox hat he got for christmas! he knows he looks adorable in it, and uses that to his advantage.

 a little something i got for the boys (only under supervision) to play with.. gotta love ebay!

they are always raiding my closet and bringing out the roller skates!

sweet sleeping finn. he is always getting in our bed at night, and getting away with it based on a combination of his learned sneakiness, and our weakness for him, as well as the rationalization that the middle child needs a little extra.

darling miles. this boy is something special. he has my heart!

i learned how to make friendship bracelets for a church activity.. the boys wanted some, and they've been wearing them for weeks now!

since i had bought the string, i went ahead and covered my earphones, too!

 finn discovered the gnome hat, and adopted it! makes me happy.

animal tails! finn begged me to make him a racoon, and this is what we ended up with.

masks as well. finn has been wearing his pretty much every day!

and here we have an example of why thrift store purchases are always risky. first time i bought a puzzle second-hand, and probably the last. they are there for a reason!
(but, it's so cute!!)

this car.. i love it so much! but it has been giving us lots of trouble lately. mr. o is about ready to push it off a cliff. if he does, i just might go after it! (with a parachute pack, of course)

so, are you on instagram? do you love it, too?
i have an extra device, just to get on there (an old droid with no phone service). now i just need to figure out how to upload pictures to blogger straight from the droid, instead of emailing them to myself, and the downloading, and then uploading.. turns out not quite easy street to re-post here!

3 comments:

liesel said...

I am conflicted in my feelings towards instagram. Firstly I am jealous. I do not have an iPhone, or a smart-phone with Android. (or an iPod touch with a camera, or what I really want now, which is an iPod mini) And so I am left out, and can't sit at the cool kids table. Which makes me a little bit wafna. Because I know I would love me some instagram. But I do not have the money to justify any such purchase right now. And secondly I am sad because all of my clever friends (and two of my sisters) are on, and i can't see their stuff unless they also share on FB (which you and Kaarina should do BTW). I am glad that you love it though. And someday I will too. So thanks for sharing here! I love your pictures!

The Hardy's said...

Yes, those middle children DO need a little extra time and attention.

The Whitaker Family said...

yeah, totally loving the pictures!! And wafna cause my 'new' phone isn't new enough to have Instagram too so I share Liesel's feelings... So glad to see this blog post-- I miss you!