well.. i don't really need or want your money. just your opinion.
honestly, i am promoting the bazaar (or will be soon) not for profit, i don't want you to buy my stuff- just come look at it. come & see all the hard work i've been doing, and what cute stuff i've made! this is the equivalent to me of having art in an exhibit. it's a big deal to me. so, i really want everyone to come! make a day trip of it if you're far away. bring all your friends (or at least one!) and i promise it will be worth the effort.
moving on..
i need to figure out my pricing. i want to price my stuff so it won't sell too fast or too slow. it's tricky. if i priced it according to the time i spent, no one could afford it, so that's out of the question. but i don't want to under value my time, either. and they are taking 20% of my sales, so that's something to consider as well.
so. the question is- what do you think is a fair price (or price range) for my onesies/tees?
here are a few of my favorites for an example:
some are hand painted (2), some are recycled, and all have hand stitched appliques with meticulous, even stitches.
okay, and what about the watches? and tote bags? pillows? lavender filled sachets?
please chime in here and tell me what you think. i really need some input!
6 comments:
Ok, this is a super tough request and I'm probably waaaaaaay off but here's what I think:
onesie $10 (at least)
t-shirt $15 (also, at least)
bag $15-20 (I might want one, gotta see what you've got!)
I can't remember the other stuff. I'll come back and comment again, if I can add something. The only other thing is that I think the above mentioned prices ought to be your total rock bottom-- probably all should be higher. I'd certainly expect and be willing to pay that much and even more if I were in love with the item... I gotta check out the link so I can find out if we can make it there. I'm so proud of you and excited for you!!!!!
here's what i would be willing to pay for something handmade & to-die-for cute like your stuff:
onesies $20-25
tees $20-25
totes $30-35
pillows $20-25
watches $7-10
sachets &10-15
hard to say without seeing each thing & the complexity of the work. i know you do very high-quality work, though. and i know how much time, skill, & care go into things like that. i'm happy to pay skilled artisans what they're worth! (when i can!)
i think these are mid-range prices, & it would probably be okay to go a little higher.
okay, I'll do my best (because I'm going to be wanting the same input on my blog later)
onesie $20
t-shirt $22+ ish
totes $25-35
pillows $30+ (more depending on detail)
watches, between 5 and 10, leaning more towards 10.
sachets $10+, more for small details. maybe less for smaller ones (I'm not sure which ones you're doing, I've seen the cute flower detail and ric rac bean bagish ones.. and the bigger darling house ones)
However, I would expect prices to be slightly higher at a craft show. (Also I am pretty cheap.) So, honestly you could go higher if needed. (I could also print you extra price tags, so you could experiment some and see what worked best...)
Hi Eve!
This is Kaarina's friend, Meridy.
First off, You make DARLING things!
I'm probably the cheapest of all (and please keep in mind that we live off of student loans and have no income ;)), but here is my take. You can get a bag of 5-6 onsies for like $10 at WalMart and that is not even the cheapest option. You can get fancy onsie options for like $5 per onsie (I think). Now, obviously yours are special and high quality. So on a normal day I would say around $8 dollars per onsie. I don't know about your onsies, but mine get pretty thrashed. So I wouldn't want to spend too much on any onsie. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm selling your fine work short. I think it is beautiful and high quality. I personally just don't invest a lot of money into onsies, and other people out there may feel similar to me.
Shirts, especially for older kids, are longer lasting--I would say around $10-$15. Again, DARLING. (I personally lean on the $10 ;))
Bags---Now I do have personal experience making bags. Mine was a lot of work! (Ask Kaarina about the bag she helped me make ;)) I think you should charge a pretty penny for those. They are also DARLING and have to be durable. To get a somewhat decent bag at like Walmart or Target, it will cost you like $20. I think you should go $30-$40, maybe more if the fabric cost you a lot of money. But then for an original and durable bag, I am willing to spend more. (Of course if you wanted to give me a discount for $20 I wouldn't mind ;)) I saw the one that you made for Kaarina, so cute!!!
Pillows--probably like $20
Watches--What a cute idea!!! I love them. I would say around $5-$8 maybe? I would keep them under ten--if it is for kids. Kids loose things. If it is for adults I think that $10 wouldn't be too bad.
Lavendar sachets?? I don't think I am a good one to price these. (Not that my opinion is the best on the previously mentioned items.) I've used sachets before, but not recently. I like them. But I don't feel I can give you advice on them.
Do you know your competitor's prices?? I think that is what it all comes down to. You have to find the going rate and price yours off of that depending on how you want it to sell. I agree with Liesel. You should bring different price tags. Check out the competition and then decide what you want to do. But then again people are tricky--we all value different things in a product. So follow your heart. ;)
Also, I have to ask. Why do you hand embroider?? I think it is awesome, I just couldn't see myself doing it. I would whip out my sewing machine for that one. Would a sewing machine ruin it?? I don't have the patience to hand sew an even stitch.
Hi Eve- Thank you for thinking of me for the bazaar. I will totally be there! Your stuff is darling!!!!
I would have to agree with Meridy's comments. I have paid $15 for a onsie from a boutique in SLC. I wouldn't pay much more than that. That is my two cents.
I will see you a couple of weeks:)
Post a Comment