i had the funnest time at the thrift store today.
check out my lucky finds:

new shoes all around (even for my hopefully-someday-girl) i could'nt resist those adorable red vintage t-straps, and, until i have a daughter of my own, they are reserved for
my sister- in hopes for a baby to join their family soon.
i also found lots of great golden books (non-disney) including
tawny scrawny lion,
thumbelina, and a fire truck one by richard scarry.

awesome luggage! a soft floral suitcase and red train case to add to my collection. these make me so happy!

you've all seen these. i was happy to find one in great condition, and had to snap it up. now i just need to find (or make?) the furniture and people.

this little painted wooden bee is so cute! the plastic wings spin and it makes a clicking noise when you pull it along.

i love the springy antennas.

i was beyond thrilled to find this little 'radio'. mr. o's mom has one that plays 'jack and jill', and i love it. i couldn't believe my luck to find this one in a bin with dozens of junky plastic toys and barbies.

i have such a weakness for vintage toys. they are so nostalgic, even if i didn't grow up with them!
can you believe my luck?!
6 comments:
WOW, Eve!!!!!!!!!! You scored like CRAZY! I'm soooooo jealous! Where did you go? (Btw, your link to Kree's adoption site didn't work, quite.) Wow, you must be on cloud 9! NICE!!!!!!!!
thanks, mar! i went to provo DI & i am more happy than i should be about getting more things to pack up and move..
and thanks for the heads up about the link- kree, if you read this, i got the (not working) link from your blog, so you might want to check that..
Eve, I love it all!!! Golden books are my favorite, I read tawny scrawny lion to emry all the time. Those red shoes are too cute, your beautifull little girl will look just precious in them. Fabulous Finds!!!
I'm not seeing the picture of the cute shoes for some reason. I say this every time, but Grandma had a blue and green floral print bag like that one. I think is was her temple bag. I like how the house really looks like a hose you would see not a pink and lavender cartoon looking house.
Awesome stuff. Lately when I go to DI I hate it because there are so many people there who wait for all the carts to come in and basically hang out there all day. And I can never find anything. I love the shoes.
Those toys are adorable!! I had one of those houses growing up and LOVED it. My parents still have it, actually. For when the grandkids come over.
I was looking at one of my favorite blogs today and thought of you. She sews and is incredible. She uses the coolest fabrics and comes up with her own patters.....I thought you might enjoy browsing through her stuff. She has a ton of tutorials, too.
call-cruze.blogspot.com
Anyway.....I hope things are going okay with the move! let me know if you need anything!
Post a Comment