Sunday, November 1, 2009

the halloween post

wow. it's been awhile!
a lot has happened this month, and i can hopefully start catching up in the next few weeks.
we are moving out of our house, and into limbo, this coming weekend and have lots to do (obviously).

but, i have to take a moment to post some halloween pictures.
as you can see, it was a rough morning. finn wanted me and wouldn't stay by miles, so the sad clown is stuck in the background.
let me just start by saying i will never use spray on hair color again. it was such a mess.
not so much during application as after. it got everywhere, including on finn's white chicken hat.
i was getting pretty frustrated with the red everywhere, and then after sewing all the feather boa's on finn's costume, it wouldn't stretch to fit over his head.
picture poor little finn screaming and kicking on the floor while this mean mommy pulls with all her might to get the costume on. i finally just snipped the back of the neck and we were in business.
we were lucky to find a great homemade clown suit at the thrift store for miles, so his costume was pretty easy, for all the mess. between the red residue everywhere and the white feathers, we were a sight.
we hit the church first for a carnival and chili cook-off, then off to trick-or-treat on main street, home for nap time, and then on to the coil's house.
we were lucky enough to get to hang with some celebs at the church and on main street, though. complete with lots of adoring fans, and even some paparazzi. the ramsays dressed in awesome toy story costumes: the prospector, jesse, buzz & woody. i am bummed i didn't get a picture of them!
after some more trick-or-treating with the coils, we gave miles a bath. the tub looked like a murder scene from his red hair. it was a perfect spooky ending to a fun-after-all day!

finn was very obliging and let me put erin's wig on him long enough for a picture and to show daddy. what a good boy!

miles wanted to try emry's costume. do you wonder why people mistake him for a girl?

(thanks for those last pictures, erin!)

4 comments:

liesel said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their costumes!! and I'm sad to say that the very sad pictures are incredibly charming... I'd love to see more. You did a great job on Finn's!

Erin said...

I know that miles red hair might have been a bit of a pain, but it was sooooo adorable!! I loved watching finn wadle around in his chicken costume too, what an angle! Thank-you so much for comming up to visit, it made my day, i love you guys!! I just sent you the pictures I took, wish I would have taken tons more. Good luck with all of your packing, if you need ANYTHING please call me.

Jennifer Napierski said...

Holidays with kids wouldn't be memorable without someone shedding tears. You did a great job on their costumes. Always so creative. We miss them!

The Whitaker Family said...

Ohmygosh, Eve! Poor Finny. Wish there was a closer up pic of Miley's cool costume/hair. Sounds like a VERY full day! I also want to help this weekend, if possible, and beyond. Lots of love, stay sane!