Monday, November 23, 2009

on the home front

we've found our new house!

after lots of searching, and almost signing with a builder, we finally found what we were looking for.
we had almost decided on building in spanish fork, although we weren't comfortable with the price, and we decided if we were going to spend more than we wanted, we might as well look one more time in that higher price range before we put a big construction deposit down. so, we looked, and saw just more of the same, except this one- a foreclosed home in spanish fork that was priced at our previous comfort level! it had just been listed and was perfect- we even like the floor plan better than the one we were going to build. so we wrote up an offer and then waited (anxiously!) for the bank to get back to us. when they finally did, we hurried and signed papers and are now under contract. whew.
barring any unforeseen catastrophes, we will be moving in a matter of weeks. could be two weeks, could be five, but we are so excited and happy with this home.
it is right up by spanish fork canyon, with a field in the backyard and an amazing view. it is windy, but that also deters mosquitoes and cools off the house in the summer.
we have a lot of painting to do, and a few other things like resurrecting the lawn and installing a garage door opener (not to mention finishing the basement) but from where i stand (in my parent's house) it sounds great!

i'm sure there will be lots more to come on this topic..

8 comments:

susan said...

Congratulations on the new home!

liesel said...

can't wait for you guys to be in it! How exciting!

Erin said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!

I am so happy for you, and it sounds "meant to be". The house is beautiful, I can't wait to see more of it. How cool will it be to have a field for your back view. I am so excited for all of you!

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

Yay! You get to stay in SF!!! The house looks adorable!

Jones' Adventures said...

Congratulations Eve!!! I am so excited for you guys and what a great house! I was just laughing at your posts when we moved out we went straight to California too...I also know how you feel about saying goodbye to the first home, it was so sad. We love our new home though and it is so fun to have more room so good luck!

The Whitaker Family said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Hang in there at the parent's house. I'm convinced its ROUGH living in someone else's space, no matter what. I'm SOFREAKINGEXCITED to see it!!!!!! And SOBLOODYHAPPY that it worked out so well, finally...

xoxo!

Jennifer Napierski said...

Glad you found what you were looking for. Can't wait to see it.

The Hardy's said...

Yeah!!! I'm glad you're finally finding things looking up for you. We,too, are now waiting on the bank's approval on the foreclosure we are hoping to purchase.

Good luck. I hope all goes well. We may be moving all at about the same time.