Thursday, November 12, 2009

beach vacation part one: san diego

mr. o took me to the ocean.
i have been dreaming of the ocean, and this summer (or fall, as it turns out) was the perfect time with no new baby and no pregnancy.
we had a bay view room at our awesome hotel, and we hardly set our things down before we ran out to the beach.
but i wanted waves, so we didn't last long at the bay before we went out the hotel and across the street to the ocean!
miles playing with seaweed. we couldn't get enough of the beach.
thank goodness for self timers on cameras!
it wasn't as cold as it looked. the weather was actually just about perfect for the duration of our trip. we timed it perfectly!
this was the view from our room.
a pathway at our hotel. it was so lush and pretty and as far as location goes, the fanciest hotel i've stayed at.
being at the ocean was so amazing and made us long to live there.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Eve, i love the pictures of you guys at the beach, it looks SOOOO beautiful there! What a perfect time to go. If we ever go to California I want to stay in the hotel you guys where in, what a view. It looks like your family fits in perfect with the ocean!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love the ocean too! I wish we had one in Utah. Your kiddies are such cuties.

liesel said...

oh Eve, it looks absolutely DREAMY! I love all your pictures, I can't wait for more!

The Whitaker Family said...

Fancy, fancy! I love the pictures! You guys are so cute! Makes me wanna go & duplicate your vacation for us too!!! Glad you were able to have that since you've been having (are still) so much stress with all the house stuff. Hang in there and have nice vacation memories to get you through!!!