
we got a fence!!
our backyard is now fully fenced, although there are three different types. all i care is that it is escape-proof!
type number one: vinyl. it was expensive, but it looks nice & is sturdy.

type number two: farm fence. this was free from
mr.
o's dad (thanks!) and my hope is that it just looks like it was put up by the farmer whose property is behind us. besides, it doesn't block any of that glorious view!

type number three: the
pre-existing wood fence from the other neighbors. it's functional, and maybe when the boys get older
i'll have them paint it white.

this has been a long time coming, and it seems even longer since boy number three came along. i am SO grateful i can send the older two out to play in a safe & secure environment.

they have been outside so much more, which has been wonderful for all of us. they burn more energy, get some sun & fresh air, and are out of my hair!

miles has discovered cracking rocks, which i remember spending hours doing as a little girl.
i am so happy the weather has been so warm & beautiful the last few days. i'll take as much warm weather as i can get.
6 comments:
Yes! I loved cracking rocks. I remember when Peter was small, he cracked rocks, too, and once he found a fossil in one, and for years told everyone he was a paleontologist. Which he was, because he studied fossils!
And the fences look great. I do like the farm fence! It's a huge blessing to be able to have a safe place for your kids to play outside. We spent so much time outside when the kids were little--no messes to clean up, nothing to ruin, space to run and play, fresh air and sunshine!
Yeah, Eve!!! I am so happy for you. The fences turned out great! Love the pictures of your boys:)
I still love cracking rocks! I even have a rock hammer to do it with. Then I can see what kind of rock it is. Maybe he'll be a geologist.
..and super, super great about having a fenced in yard. I like the farm fence in the back. You don't want to block the great view and it IS a farm, so its absolutely perfect.
Yay for fences! only you might want to work with your neighbor on painting the wood fence before the boys get bigger, as it will deteriorate and come apart if not stained or painted every once in a while. (I guess that is obvious from all the fences around that are unpainted and falling down, huh?)
I'll join the chorus-- great pics! YAY for full fence. We hope to be there one day soon too... Miss you guys!
So happy for you and for the boys to be outside without Mom worrying. I totally thought the 'farm' fence was already there so you totally got away with that one! It all looks great and you wouldn't want to block that view. It's incredible. How is Mr. Leo doing? Sure can't wait to see him and everyone else.
Post a Comment