Thursday, October 7, 2010

on decorating...

i have never been much of a holiday decorater, but i am starting to appreciate it the older my kids get.
i think it makes for fun anticipation of holidays, and creates good childhood memories when the same decorations are brought out year after year.

miles and i have been making halloween decorations the last few days, and he has really been enjoying it. you can see the tissue paper ghosts we made (the babies) and the bigger cloth ghosts up on the mantle.

this banner was super easy to make, just felt, glue and some twill tape.

the bat & moon garland was a cinch, too.
i am not into gross or creepy decorations, and my boys are small enough to be scared easily, so we kept it pretty innocent (and i think we always will). i am hoping these will last for a long time, especially miles' sweet drawings and our collaborative skeleton- he drew the head, hands, and feet, and i did the bones.
happy october!

7 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

Can I buy that all off you? ;) Or can we come over and have you walk us through it all? I really think our decorations are totally cute and (amazingly) something I'd approve of for my own house. (Though not too surprising since it sprung from your mind...) Almost I'm tempted to make a hack job of something like this myself... xoxo!

Rob and Jennifer said...

Those are soo cute! You should sell that banner on your etsy site.

Erin said...

Those are the cuttest Halloween decorations I have ever seen!!!! Better than anything I've seen in stores. Great job!

I was just thinking today about the spanish fork trick-or-treat on main street. I would love to come down with the girls to do it with you this year!

Meg March said...

Very cute decorations, and I agree it's a nice tradition and fun to see your "old friend" decorations at each holiday. I love the bat bunting!

Jennifer Napierski said...

Eve you always make your house so darling. I'm envious of your ability to create things from simple things. It always turns out so well and is very inspiring!!

liesel said...

very, very cute! and I don't like halloween decorations normally as a rule. Whereas those I'm tempted to copy too, because of their absolute cuteness factor, and my kids would love it. (and I'm not actually making ANY halloween costumes this year, so why not!)

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

Those are awesome, Eve! Love all of it! I haven't gotten any of my halloween stuff out yet :(