Tuesday, February 1, 2011

goals (i'm a little late, i know!)

taking inspiration from one of my sisters (i have five), i've decided to list some goals here and -hopefully- follow up later on.

just a few things i would love to cross off my list this year:

*paint a painting i am proud to hang in our front room

*learn to make bread

*do at least one craft show
*get the hang of fhe & figure out how to make it work with our ever-changing schedule

*start doing yoga again- regularly!

*go roller skating as much as possible.
(i have this dream of one day becoming really good on skates!)

*write in mine & my boys journal's more

*get a good video camera & record these innocent boys before our bubble is burst!
*start saving for an awesome vacation

*go on more dates (with mr. o as well as each of the boys)

*read more books

*print blog into a book- anyone done it & have some advice?
(also, revamp blog & learn some basic computer design skills!)

*make friends

that last one's a toughie. i am really a homebody and not super social or outgoing. i love the friends i've got, but i think it would be healthy for me to learn to make some more...

wish me luck!
(and any advice on any of these topics would be SO appreciated!)

p.s. don't you love the goal/wish lists? i heart lists. buy them here.

9 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Eve. I so agree with your last goal. For me it's so hard to make friends. Since we are somewhat related. We should hang out, we live so close and yet we hardly know you guys. I think it would be fun. Let me know.

Angie Berrio said...

Did you know that the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork has free yoga classes five days a week? I've only gone once, but it was really good. I'm planning on going whenever I can.

I'm in a babysitting/date night group. I love it. If you ever want to trade kids for a couple of hours to go on a date or to do yoga, or whatever, I'd be happy to do it.

We do FHE on Sunday evenings right after dinner and it usually lasts about ten minutes. But, at least, we do something, sometime, somewhere. Monday night FHE would NEVER happen.

We bought a Flip Video camera for $100 and it's not "nice" but it is certainly convenient and portable and fits in my purse and is available whenever I want to video something. Plus, you can just plug it right into your computer and put videos online.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Love your goals...they got me thinking about some things I need to work on too. I have been meaning to call you and thank you for taking Bents the other day. You are so awesome and I really appreciate you! Thanks for being such a great sis-in-law and friend!

Sacajawea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sacajawea said...

We match on a lot of these.

I have 5 sisters too!

I like your roller skating dream. I could easily picture it in my head when I read that one.
I have the same thing but with bowling. I want to be on a bowling league someday (but I'm not at all good) I want a bowling shirt too.

Excited to see your painting when it's done! I want to make a graffiti painting for our house next which I know nothing about (my husband is cringing!)

New friend making, reminds me of dating.

If you guys do yoga in town, tell me when and where. It is so good for me and I want to get back into it.

Good luck with all!

(Eve are you on fb? I looked for you once but couldn't find you)

eve said...

wow! thanks for the feedback.
diane- we really should get together!
angie- thanks for all the advice- i am SO thrilled there's a Free Local Yoga Class! i am so there. and i'll have to look into the video camera, sounds like exactly what we need.
jana- i need to come get bentley again. hope you're hanging in there!
sarah- come join us at the krishna temple for yoga! and i am on fb technically, but i rarely get on.. try & find me through amanda or angie

The Whitaker Family said...

Just don't overwhelm yourself with too much at the same time-- that's my only advice. Chose one or two to concentrate on at a time... You're cool, Evie! I wish we lived closer..... xoxo!!!

Erin said...

Oh Eve, i just love you!!! I think you are just fantastic being you! I love your goals though, i need to make some. Call me when you want to practice your sweet skating moves(that you already have:) we need to go out to the rink again! Yoga sounds like tons of fun too, wish I lived closer:( Don't forget about your old nerdy friends when your out making your many new ones, which you will make tons of because you are the COOLEST!

Meg March said...

Love your skating dream! Bring the boys up and we'll make bread anytime. I want to do yoga too. Tom has been reading the journal I kept for him when he was a baby, and is really loving it, so it's worth it!