Monday, February 14, 2011

color burst

first of all- happy valentine's day!
i really wanted to make more decorations this year, but nothing struck my fancy. i did find this funny guy at a thrift store, and snapped him up.

and, i finally finished the color craving idea i had before. i had no idea what i was in for trying to spray paint these picture frames in the freezing temperatures. they ended up with some funky texture, but i'll take it.

you can see what the mantle looked like before in this post - pretty blah, especially in winter.
i wanted to change the rocks that were in the vase before for felt balls, but ended up taking a more inexpensive route with gumballs! some new branches- spray painted blue- and voila! much happier.

i love the colors. hopefully they will hold me over till spring, when there is some color outside!

6 comments:

liesel said...

so bright and happy! I love how it all turned out. The gum balls are a great idea.

Sacajawea said...

Gum balls are genius! I love the splash of color especially against the white.

The Whitaker Family said...

I really, really, really like it Eve-- YAY!

Erin said...

I love how the frames all turned out! It looks so cool! I especially love the pictures that are in them, did you take all of those? They are sooo cute!!!!

Meg March said...

How do you keep the boys away from the gumballs? I've been desperate for color, too. I found a new yellow sweater and yellow tiny daffodils for V-day.

emily sparks said...

i love your frames!

AND i know you have a little leo that a little lion pillow would be so perfect for. i will definietly sell you one. i just need to figure a price. maybe we can do trade for some of it?!? let me know what your interest is.