Tuesday, January 11, 2011

the big catch-up post

i was inspired to make these ornaments by some of miles' drawings- i wish i had a picture (or could even find them!). i think he was drawing a star or a badge and somehow i saw a gnome and a little guy peeking out of a tree trunk and i had to hurry and sketch these.
the ornaments were actually finished after christmas, but at least they got put away with the others on new years!

two thousand ten was such a long time ago- right!?
i hope to make an ornament every year, and start recording the dates.

the boys were enthralled by their new christmas train (thanks ryan & jen!) all the way from japan. the lights work & steam comes from the smokestack!

happy leo on christmas morning!

this guy wanted a football helmet so badly. he wore it most of the day and pretty consistently since then.
he draws helmets daily, and labels them "hmt".

we made graham cracker houses for preschool the week before christmas, and i let the boys at them for an hour or so before we tossed them. finn just picked it up and started gnawing!
******
and, in leo news:

he found his feet! oh, how i love when babies eat their feet.

and, in all the christmas making, i didn't get one picture- aside from the ornaments.
(there's nothing like christmas to get you in the swing of making things again!)
but, i kept a little of the momentum- and i haven't put away all my sewing stuff- and finally finished this for leo.
i debated on how to do these letters forever. originally i was going to make them from found objects, then i was going to wrap them in yarn, and finally i came back to my tried & true felt.
feels good to cross this one off my list!

little leo also had his first cereal on new years day.
(stop growing!!)

i did get a picture of the cute hats my sister liesel made for the boys for christmas, thankfully. these hats are amazing- she did such a great job. thanks, c- we love them!

mr. o and miles enjoyed the freezing january weather and the new christmas sled. our odd little hill in one corner of the yard has really come in handy for mini-sledding (that i can enjoy watching from the warmth of the house!).

and, mr. o and i celebrated our tenth anniversary with some chocolate cake (and berry sauce for me & the boys). we also had our first date post-leo & enjoyed dinner and massages. thanks to my wonderful sister & her family for taking the boys while we had some much needed couple time.
i am such a lucky girl to have my mr. o.
these ten years have seen some major changes- it's been probably the biggest decade of our lives, since we started a family among other things!
but, they have flown by!
******
i tossed and turned last night while creative ideas danced in my head. i can't wait to bring them to reality and tell all about them, but i am not allowing myself to start until i get the basement organised so that mr. o can BUILD ME A SEWING ROOM!! i am so excited. (you can tell by the caps, right??) thanks to some generous christmas elves, we were able to get some wood & nails and he and his buddy are starting the framing process as we speak.
******
as for my sleep-robbing ideas, i have such a strong color craving in this bleak winter landscape. lets just say i will be involving gumballs and spray paint. but not spray painted gumballs.
and, i will be re-visiting my painting!
stay tuned.

8 comments:

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I can't believe it has been ten years. Your boys are adorable, I love the hats!

Detta said...

You do such wonderful things with felt--it's amazing! Love those little Leo animals on his name and those SO charming ornaments--we didn't even see your tree this year! (Maybe I should just get going and come down, eh?)
BTW, those berries on chocolate cake are making me hungry--I'd better go!

liesel said...

I LOVE those ornaments! So cute, and so you! Miles looks awesome in his football helmet too. ..and I really love Leo's name, that is a really cute idea. And I'm glad you like your hats, your boys look even more darling than I envisioned they would. Good luck with all your bright projects. Happy 10 years together!

The Hardy's said...

OH MY!!! Everything is so cute! I just LOVE Leo's name picture! Seriously, can I pay you to do some for my kids!? YOU ARE SO DARN CREATIVE.

Love the hats that LIesel made..

The Whitaker Family said...

Wow, I have so much to say to that all, let's hope I can remember it! First off-- LOVED the ornaments! And Leo's name picture-- SO crazy cute! Yeah, the cake did look super yummy and I'm glad your anniversary was so nice. YAY for Meg and fam! YAY for your sweet hubby! We sure love him lots! And yeah, I loved Miles' helmet too and how he labels it and how much he wears it. And the hats are adorable beyond belief as are your perfect children! LOVED it all!!!! And LOVED spending time with you last week! xoxoxo!!!!!!!!

Janel said...

Love the story of the gnomes. So like to a mom to see something in there kids art work even if it is not what they meant it to be. Leo name from Great Grandpa? I thought about the name before we decided on Colton Wayne. Love you crafting!

Rob and Jennifer said...

Your boys are so cute. I can not believe how big Leo is now! they really do grow up so fast.

Erin said...

Everything is soooo cute eve!! I love those ornaments, we need to get together in November next year and make tons more:) The picture of the three boys together is darling, you are so blessed:) Great job liesel in making those hats, that is amazing!