so, here is the first glimpse i got of my new room on the morning of my birthday- pretty exciting! mr. o has put SO many hours into this, and even widened the little landing between the theater room and my craft room. it is white, and as you can see, my craft room is..
bright turquoise! i love the color so much. he was a sport to let me go so bright. he actually had me peek at the color before he did a second coat to make sure it was right, and i got really excited.
i love the sweet surprise he left in glossy paint, a subtle little love note!
the first thing i wanted to do was move everything in and arrange it like i'd been doing in my head for over a year! this is the first thing you see: a desk for miles (or any of the boys, in time) to draw or do homework while i do my thing.
i want to make a system to display his plentiful artwork soon.
the closet is temporarily housing our desk, which will someday be in the last remaining room (well, besides the bathroom) to be finished in the basement.
i made this banner for my display at the beehive bazaar, but planned to hang it above the window when i'm not doing a show.
this shelf is already packed with my stuff (and there's more on the sewing & cutting table that i'm not showing!) but i've got another storage system in the works, that's actually been waiting in my father-in-law's shed for a decade.
a few of my favorite things that have been waiting for this room.
i feel so spoiled to have my very own room, i want to be down there all the time! i have a cozy little heater and a couch from when we were newlyweds, so it's the perfect place to read when i get a chance. i also got a self healing cutting mat for my birthday, and i am itching to make some quilts for the boys.
i am such a lucky girl!
4 comments:
Oh YAY!!!!!!! I've been WAITING for this post! Eve, I'm SO happy for you about this! Mr. O (hard to call him that) is SUCH a sweetie! I love that desk (!!!!) and all your favorite things and the love note and was that little Leo's head-- so cute. I still have to come see it in person but I'm unbelievably happy for you and SO glad you posted pics, etc.
What bliss to have such beautiful space for yourself!
The N + E is my favorite. The pictures are great. So is the room. You are lucky! Well done Mr. O.
I love it! Lucky, lucky girl!
I can't believe we didn't see it on Sunday night! (I remembered before we came and was excited.) But maybe you wanted more time to get it organized? (Or did you also forget?)
Anyway, I like the pictures of it!
Post a Comment