Tuesday, March 27, 2012

tokyo


mr. o and i are taking a trip, without the boys.
we are going to tokyo!
we are so excited, to put it mildly.
we are not excited to leave the boys. scared and heartsick, actually. one of us needs to be brave about it, or else we're gonna be wrecks!
we are lucky enough to have family in japan, and we can't wait to see their lives over there. we're going soon, so i've got a lot to do to get ready. we'll be gone between miles' and finn's birthdays, and i'm also doing the beehive bazaar a few days after we get back, so that all adds to the busyness, but it's going to be so awesome!
this is only our second time out of the country (if you don't count canada or mexico)
anyone have any advice on international travel, or leaving kiddos?

*image

4 comments:

susan said...

We have left one or both kids for travel internationally+vacations. We were gone over my daughter's 4th birthday for our son's adoption.

Just leave your children with people who love them and you will be good to go! Seriously. And leave a short letter that whomever is watching them can seek medical care for them. (My mom had to take my daughter in for a swollen eye and they almost wouldn't see her because she wasn't the parent/guardian. In the end they felt that she need medical care more then the letter. Turned out to be a bug bite. ;o) )

I could answer more questions about long flights and such but the short answer is that you will have a great time! Feel free to email me! susan at persimmonandpink.com

Rob and Jennifer said...

Wow sounds amazing!! I FREAKED out the first time we left E. what made it easier was to know she was having a blast with the grandparents. She totally didn't even miss us. I don't know if she even really realized we were gone she was having such a blast. Your kids are older so i am sure they will realize your gone. Just leave them with someone who you know will spoil them while your gone and they won't have any time to miss you :) you however, will be missing them the whole time :)

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

Eeeeek! I am totally freaking out for you. I would kill to shop for fabric in Japan! Wanna shop for me?

I hope you have fun over there! I am sure Miles, Finn & Leo are going to miss you, and appreciate you even more when you get back!

Angie said...

I think you need a chaperone, and I volunteer.