Wednesday, February 10, 2010

quilts

so now that we know the baby is a boy, i am ready to decide on what quilt to make for him.

i am defiantly not a big quilter (someday, hopefully) and have very little experience, but i want each of my babies to have a special quilt.

my sweet friend erin made one for miles that i absolutely love, and i patterned one for finn after it. it is just a simple patchwork quilt, and now that i've made one for finn, i *think* i am ready for something different.

this is polka dot quilt is my favorite, but much more challenging. i love how the circles are in alternating rows, and i also love her fabric choices. see her tutorial here.

i don't know if this hexagon quilt would be easier? i like it almost as much (but not quite)

i like the squares in this quilt, but i'm thinking maybe even smaller squares? i've seen a few in shops and at shows that i like. i basically am going for bright colors surrounded by simple white.


i really like the looks of striped quilts, too- and it would definitely be easier.


i fell in love with this afghan (found here) when i was first pregnant, and already requested one just like it. but i am worried that the look of this is too much like the polka dot quilt, and maybe i should do a different one? or maybe that shouldn't even be a consideration.

none of these are very masculine, but i guess that's what happens when you have three boys in a row!

8 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE the first quilt! So cute! I want to make a quilt like that for Emry's bed. I would love to come down and help you out with this one and learn how to do it as well. I love the white with bright colors and can't wait to see what you come up with.

Kristin said...

Eve. This is my passion. Baby boy blankets. I am not experienced either but I know lots of different ways to sew quilts. I wish we lived closer. I could show you some of mine and teach you how to do them.

The Whitaker Family said...

I actually like the hexagon best myself but you have such great taste so I'm just excited to see what you do. Good luck!!!!

liesel said...

The circle on IS really cute, but hexagons would be easier. Curved seams in quilts are really super hard, because you have to get the curve exactly right so it will lay flat. Besides then it would look too much like the darling afghan. I like the stripey ideas too. I'm excited to see what you come up with, because I'm sure it will be darling!

Angie Berrio said...

I'm just glad that you feel like you have time to quilt with two kids, because I feel like I'm not going to have any time ever again.

The Perks of Life! said...

Hey Eve, it's Lauren, Erin's sister. I have to say I love looking at your blog and all of your crafty creations. You are amazing. I just saw you are having another boy! That is sooo fun! Now Erin just needs to have one more girl and the three little boys can hook up with the three girls. :) You are such a good mom and I hope I can be like you someday. Hope all is well. And p.s. i love the circle pattern quilt and totally think you would be able to do it no problem.

Jennifer Napierski said...

They are all amazing. Good luck choosing one. You'll have to teach me how to do that some day. Congrats on your little guy. How could you possibly even think of something other than a little boy! That's what you and Nick do best. Can't wait to meet him.

emily sparks said...

i LOVE the stripe quilt! LOVE it. i think you should roll with it. it is funny, because i am in the process of thinking about making my daughter a twin sized quilt & afgan. so, i really liked seeing what designs you have been enjoying. happy quilting!