Monday, July 12, 2010

a few more things

around the same time i was working on leo's quilt, i cranked out a few more sewing projects:
miles and i had been collecting things to make an 'i spy' bag for awhile, and finally decided we had enough to make it. i tried to not buy anything and just use things we already had, but he really wanted a red star, so we ended up buying a red star button.

i filled it with rice inside, instead of silicone beads. i should've rinsed the rice first, though! for the plastic window, we just used one of the vinyl bags that sheets & blankets come in. i made a key with a list of all the things we put in, but it ended up looking kind of sloppy. oh well.

i decided to try using a bigger purse instead of carting around both a purse and a diaper bag, so i wanted to make a diaper wrap thing to keep in my purse. i got the idea from my sister, but changed it up a bit.

i made the diaper pocket at one end, and then a pocket for wipes, with the idea that i would take out the wipes and then the baby can lay on the diapers while they're being changed. both sides are covered with vinyl for easy cleaning.

then there's the pregnancy essential: the body pillow.
the one i had was getting all lumpy and matted, so i found a couple of feather pillows on clearance and made them into a new pillow. i made a cover for it out of a thrifted velvet curtain. it is a million times better now, and i can't sleep without it!

5 comments:

Camilla said...

Yep, it's official. I'm not reading your blog anymore! I want EVERYTHING you do and I'm not talented at copying. Oh, what to do!!!? You have it all: talent, beauty, skill, smarts,on and on and on....:)

Erin said...

Eve, I love all of it. I really want to make the diaper wrap for my next baby!

The Whitaker Family said...

Ok, I LOVE the I Spy thing-- don't show Audrey or she'll covet BIGTIME! C's awesome with blogging the diaper thingie instructions-- I like yours a lot too... And the body pillow-- yeah, you cannot live without a good one when in late pregnancy, especially! And yours is so pretty and sounds so supremely comfy! YAY!!!!

liesel said...

I love your diaper holder improvements, it looks even cooler in person. The iSpy thing looks cute too, but the irony is I have left over red star buttons, so I could have given it to you! Love the pillow too. So cute!

The Hardy's said...

Way to go! Such cute ideas. Where do you find the time to do all this? Maybe I'm just lazy and don't enjoy it like you do...wish I did.

I'm looking for a cute pattern for a quiet book for church. Any ideas roaming around in your head that need to come out?