Friday, July 16, 2010

starting over & a trade

i have been so uninspired and discouraged by my painting. so, i finally decided to just scrap it and start over. i put a coat of gesso on the sky this morning, and hope to stay on a roll and maybe even get it done before the baby comes- fingers crossed!

i've also been meaning to blog about an awesome trade i did several weeks ago, now. i was lucky enough to get to trade with emily again, for this great necklace:
isn't it pretty?
(i stole the photo from her, since i haven't gotten one of me wearing it yet)
i am always looking for a chance to wear it, i love it.
and emily got a cloud mobile. this picture makes me miss our old back yard!
i love trades and am always so flattered and excited when people are willing to trade with me.
thanks, emily!

2 comments:

liesel said...

I get stuck on paintings too. I hope you can work through it. Don't over think it. I know it will look great! Cute necklace!

Erin said...

Way cute necklace, so you! I am impressed that you are tackling such a big project with the painting, you are so talented. Don't stress out about it, there's no rush in getting it done. Life will eventually return to normal again after little leo comes and you will find time to enjoy the painting again.