i didn't piece the circles, i appliqued them instead since the piecing really intimidated me. but i didn't want a thick thread outline, so i ironed them all under before appliqueing so there wouldn't be any fraying.
after i sewed all the squares together, i topstitched the seams because it had all gone so fast!
i think it was while i was topstitching and congratulating myself at how well it was going that i realised i hadn't pre-washed any of the fabrics. i don't usually pre-wash, i am too lazy, but in this case with bright colors on a white background it is a pretty important step. after some research i decided to try some color-catcher sheets from the laundry detergent isle to wash the quilt top with, and they seemed to take care of any bleeding.
whew!
this is the first quilt i've done essentially by myself- my mom was out of the country and helped me with the math before she left, but other than that i was on my own. it really gave me confidence, especially since it went so quickly.
now we just wait for the boy to arrive!
5 comments:
Good job, Eve! It looks really great, you are awesome to make a quilt!
great job Eve! It turned out really, really cute!
Wow, Eve, I love it!!! How super special for your kiddos to have such perfectly lovely quilts made by their loving and talented Momma!!! And can't wait to meet Leo! xoxox!
So you've decided on a name?! The quilt is amazing...so talented!! Let us know when he gets here. Miss you guys.
I've been posting just for you-- thanks for the motivation :)
That is the cuttest quilt in the whole world!!! I want to copy it so bad, but I doubt mine would turn out nearly as cute! I can't believe leo is almost here, I am so excited to hold him!
Post a Comment