Tuesday, April 5, 2011

a little crochet love

i'm such a sucker for crocheted (and knitted) stuff-- i was kind of thrilled when emily was willing to trade with me yet again. i was happy to send off a little doll & diaper holder/changing pad in exchange for this:

a little lion pillow for leo!

(funny: emily thought of the "lion for leo" before i did-- i just saw it on her blog and was smitten)

here is leo checking it out. doesn't it look great in his crib?


and, at the last minute, i also had emily make up this necklace:
so sweet, right?

(she also has bigger ones in her shop.)


and, on another front, we have these adorable kewpie dolls.

can i just say how much i love kewpie dolls? my maternal grandma had all sorts of these that my sisters and i loved playing with when we would visit her charming home in idaho. they bring back such golden memories, i had to snag one from etsy. the other one came from a generous sister, and another talented sister whipped up these darling overalls- aren't they sweet?

plus, i think they make these cute little dolls totally acceptable for boys!

don't you??

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Eve, those dolls are adorable. I love their clothes. It's fun that you can trade items.

Sacajawea said...

Not only is the name Leo completely cool, but that Leo pillow is the cutest pillow I've ever seen. Such a good trade! I admire you crafters!

Camilla said...

All really darling stuff:) I miss you friend...

Unknown said...

Love the Boy qupe (?) doll clothes. Reminds me of Grandma!

Whitney said...

SERIOUSLY wish I had your creativity!! Such a talent you have!! Love it all. I especially love the sweet photo of Leo looking at his pillow.... too cute. Cant' wait to see you next week!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Eve YOU are adorable! I love everything you love! The pillow is the cuttest, so perfect for leo! I love the doll and diaper holder you traded with her too. Your talent is amazing!