Tuesday, June 2, 2009

the car

do these pictures make your heart skip a beat?

definately the highlight of the trip for me was driving kevin's (landon's dad) 1956 ford thunderbird.

the pintucked upholstery, the chrome detailing, the removable hard top, the skinny steering wheel, even the lettering on the knobs.. i was swooning.

i didn't dare drive it at first, but after mr. o got us out of town a bit, i made him scoot and let me take the wheel. what a thrill!

(especially thrilling was the no seat belts, our darling boy on our laps, and semi trucks passing us at a hundred miles an hour ;) !)

so awesome of kevin to let us take it out.

he and his wife were so great to let us stay at their home (again) and treat us to such wonderful hospitality and homemade everything- bread, jam, preserved fruit and berries, waffles made with their own wheat, and more.

are you jealous?

6 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

Wow!!!!!!! VERY cool! I can't even imagine-- I'd have loved to have been with you for all that! (Tho a bit freaked by the kids w/no seatbelts, I'll admit.) What extra-ordinarily NICE people you know, Evie!

Jacey said...

I think Kevin enjoyed how excited you were about the car! It made his day!!!

The Hardy's said...

What a very nifty car. Looks like you had fun. When I was younger, early teens, I remember thinking one of the best birthday gifts would be to have my mom or dad take me to a car lot and just let me test drive some fun and fancy cars. Never happened, but I didn't let my desire be known.

Anyway, here's a website I think you'd be interested in. There was an article about it in our local newspaper and I think you should check it out. It seems right up your alley. I'm going to look into it when I have another little one. www.MyPoshPads.com

Kim

kaarina said...

um, YES!!! sweet!!! now i appreciate miley's sweet little phone voice saying, "wasn't that big thunderbird beautiful?" even more.

liesel said...

wow, eve! I love the cool perspectives of the car you got with the camera angles! Nice car, you must have been in heaven!

Jacey said...

Found a blog I thought you might like
http://northridgemedia.net/blogs/simplyhandmade