Monday, June 22, 2009

a la nie

i've gotten a few nie-inspired additions for our kitchen lately:
i found the cake stand at wal mart for less than ten dollars, and the latte bowls were on sale at anthropologie for a buck fifty each.
cute, eh?

these pictures were taken with my newly aquired photo skills from a class angie did a week or so ago. these pictures were taken inside in the evening, with not much light. however, i now (sort of) know what apeture and shutter speed is, and was able to open up one and slow down the other, and make the most of the available light. thanks, angie!

Weathering Storms with Optimism
Posted: 12 Jun 2009 12:00 AM PDT
"We can't predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come."
L. Tom Perry, "Let Him Do It with Simplicity," Ensign, Nov. 2008, 7
Topics: Opposition

5 comments:

The Hardy's said...

What cute bowls. And you bought them at Anthropologie for $1.50!? I didn't even think you could buy a piece of toilet paper from there for that price. I want some!!!

Love the picture too. I would love to take a class on aperture speed and all that jazz. I don't understand anything about any of that stuff. Way to go. Have fun with all the new things you're learning to do.

susan said...

I want both of these! Perhaps I'll need to swing by both places...

The Whitaker Family said...

What's nie? I'm so ignorant... GREAT pictures of really cute stuff-- YAY! (seems like we're all coveting!)

liesel said...

cute stuff Eve!! Very nice pictures too, so bright and colorful! You'll have to explain the photo stuff to me sometime. I've been wanting to mess with aperture and shutter speed and all too, only I don't know quite enough about it.

Anonymous said...

Eve, I totally love your blog...will you teach me. I have no clue how to blog. You are turning into quite the photographer too. Can I hire you to take some pictures of Bentley for me?