Friday, June 11, 2010

house before & afters: kitchen

here are the kitchen befores:
again with the nice-but-too-formal-for-me drapes. i just felt like they were too "old" for us, if that makes sense. but i have yet to do any window coverings to replace them. i don't know what to do, and i'm in no hurry to obstruct our amazing view.

and also again with the paint- it's not bad at all, we just wanted a uniform color.

they had mirrors glued to the wall that we had to tear down- luckily we were retexturing.

another thing i am super happy to have: a pantry. it is such a luxury!
now for the afters:
bare windows, a sad boy stuck in his high chair, and a beautiful antique table that my dad sat at as a kid. i love it so much.

this kitchen feels so big to me, we can even fit a card table here for extra seating- which is huge, considering our old kitchen table was the size of a card table, and it had to be against the wall at our old house.

the nook above the fridge was the perfect spot for my pyrex collection!

and here is how the kitchen shelf looks now. i love this print from boy/girl party.

my fan collection has a new home atop the cupboards.
it is so nice to have a bigger kitchen. one of the things i love most is the window behind the sink, so i can look at the mountains while doing dishes. before i just had a wall.
now for the race to get the nursery ready for pictures, which falls in line nicely with the nesting that's already taking place. stay tuned!

2 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

I love your kitchen, Evie-- I'm so glad its so roomy with such a lovely pantry (I do so love mine too!) for you to enjoy. I LOVE your fan collection especially...

Erin said...

I love your kitchen! It is sooo roomy! The shelf is just adorable and I love everything you put on it. I miss you!!!!!! We need to get together SOON!!!