Thursday, May 6, 2010

making

here is the mantle with a fresh coat of white paint- isn't it marvellous?

it won't be glossy once it's dried, and has the final coats of paint. i am so excited to hang it in our house!
while mr. o has been busy with the shelf, i've been working on another pillow for our bed. i just drew a silhouette and painted it with fabric paint,
and now i'm embroidering around the edges. then i think i'll sew it up with grey binding so it will tie in somewhat with all the grey in our room.
i am really excited- things are coming together in the house and i'm getting ready to start revealing some before and after pictures!

these beautiful brackets are what i originally intended for our living room shelf, before it morphed into a mantle. i couldn't not use them, though, so now they live in the kitchen and hold up a nicely weathered piece of wood for a simple shelf.

i am having so much fun taking my time and decorating the house with all these lovely handmade things!

7 comments:

Rob and Jennifer said...

Love the mantle! Can wait to see the before and after!

Erin said...

That mantle is amazing! Way to go mr. o! I adore the pillow, how you are bordering your painted picture bird, I would never think to do that, I love the way YOU think! Your house is coming together perfectly!

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

love your mantle! your home is so darn cute!

A Dancers Life said...

The mantle is gorgeous. Can't wait to see everything you've done to the house.

Angie Berrio said...

These look great.

The Whitaker Family said...

Ok, I need to hire you. Seriously. I guess I'll have to wait for #3 to come, wreak his darling havoc, and for you to regain sanity and bearing first again, eh? *sigh* Ok, but promise me I can hire you for my house, ok? Your talents take my breath away!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT ALL SO DEEPLY!!!! The shelf, the brackets, the picture, the pillow, the mantle, EVERYTHING!

liesel said...

love, love, love it all! the pillow, the mantle, the darling shelf brackets.. it all looks fantastic!