Wednesday, April 22, 2009

you need these jars

so i had this 'great' idea to recycle baby food jars. make them all cute, and sell them at the bazaar- you know, to hold stuff. (more on that later..)
so, i sanded them all by hand so that the paint would stick to the metal,
then i painted them (the yellow & orange took 7 or 8 coats, i forget..) using all my spices to dry them on. we have been pretty short on cupboard- not to mention table- space lately.
and here is the finished product, with examples of what you can put in them. things like thumbtacks, elastic bands, twist ties, change, buttons, bobbins, hair clips, ponytail holders, candy, cheerios, and on and on. but the really brilliant thing i am hoping will be a big selling point is that they are perfect 'gift jars' for my watches.
so i am going to use one of these pictures as a display at the bazaar, so people will know why they really need these. which picture do you like better? the fence or the grass?

8 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

the fence picture. They're cute and it sounds like you've gone to a lot of work on them too... I love the idea to hold the little watches! Plus the pictures look darling!

Rob and Jennifer said...

how fun! i really like the fence picture.

Kristin said...

The fence. Definately. I could print you some cute vinyl label for next time too.

kaarina said...

hm, i liked the grass a little better, but there's more glare on the glass. i think i'd like the fence more if it were straight on, but that's just me. i think they're really cute! if i had a kiddo, i'd totally use them for church cheerios!

liesel said...

the fence, I love the texture. I love them, they are so cute!

Detta said...

The colors are prettier on the grass, but they definitely look more useful lined up on the fence. So I vote for the fence too.

The Hardy's said...

Love it!!! There you go again. Coming up with your own creative idea. I would love to hang out with you sometime - maybe some of that creativeness would wear off onto me.

Like Kaarina, I too think a head-on fence picture might be better.

eve said...

thanks for the input, everyone! i would've done a straight on shot on the fence, but then you could see the neighbors stuff through the slats, and i didn't want that.