i am really having fun with these, i think because i'm not trying to duplicate any and not using a pattern or anything.
if mr. o is at home, i make him watch me turn them right side out for the 'moment of truth'
i think he really enjoys it each time..
miles isn't interested in him (or any of them) at all, so that's not a great sign, but maybe some other little guy will like him.
i am worried the elephant is too plain, but i don't know what to add- if anything. any suggestions?
this gem is from another absolute favorite talk. i listened to this online twice because i loved it so much, and it goes well with today's post!
Daily Gems
Creativity
Posted: 01 Apr 2009 01:00 AM PDT
"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before."Everyone can create. You don't need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty."Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty. . ". . . Remember that you are spirit daughters of the most creative Being in the universe. Isn't it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God? Think about it—your spirit body is a masterpiece, created with a beauty, function, and capacity beyond imagination."But to what end were we created? We were created with the express purpose and potential of experiencing a fulness of joy (see 2 Nephi 2:25). Our birthright—and the purpose of our great voyage on this earth—is to seek and experience eternal happiness. One of the ways we find this is by creating things."
Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Happiness, Your Heritage," Ensign, Nov. 2008, 118–19
Topics: God the Father, Creation, Children of God
6 comments:
Of course, the Apostles know just the right words to help us sisters. I remember that talk and how important it is for us to remember that we all can 'create' our own things, happiness included. Thanks for sharing. I love the daily gems on your posts. They are great reminders.
Cute little dolls. You're simply amazing. When do you get time to sew? Maybe I just don't love it like you do so I don't do it. But I would love to create something like you do.
Oooh, Evie! I might want the elephant!
Eve, those are awesome! I think duplication is depressing too.. so yay for you beating the system! (and being productive for the upcoming bazaar) Love the elephant as is, but you could maybe pick a silly button for his belly button... he's really cute though! the spaceman is super cool too, and I love the go-go boots girl! (and that quote is my absolute favorite too..)
I like 'em! I like 'em in the trees and just the way they all are! YAY for you!!! xoxo!
I was thinking like Liesel, maybe a big button on his belly. Or try some ric rac or ribbon. I was wondering when your Bazaar was. I want to come!
The elephant is great the way he is! (my favorite)
And that quote reminded me how I reacted when I first heard it: my heart wanted to burst right into bloom--weird, huh?!
Post a Comment