Tuesday, July 5, 2011

miles draws (a lot!)

for his birthday, we gave him a ream of paper and some markers. he set right in!


he draws all day long, and especially when he's mad (see top left) or when finn is getting in trouble- he writes NO NO NO EVE!

but, he also draws very sweet pictures for me (see bottom right) so, it evens out!


in his notebook you'll find LOTS of pictures of buzz lightyear. check out those bubble letters on the toy story logo!


this one never got colored, but it's one of my favorites. i love the octopus on the left, the tiger striped shark, and the little shark babies!


i am so crazy about this one! i need to frame it.


here's one for him (army guys) and one for me (princesses- 'cause that's what girls like, right?!) it drives him crazy when finn draws on his pictures, but finn just wants in on the action. i can completely understand the frustration, though!


love the robots in this one.

(the army guys are a regular theme, too)

so, when i read about a children's art show in the provo freedom festival for kids ages 5-14 i knew we had to enter something of miles'. he worked really hard and created a masterpiece:

it's a military parade. those are fireworks and a music note coming from the turret of the tank, by the way. i love the details this boy captures. he is so meticulous!



here he is on the night of the artist's reception. we're so proud of this guy!


(sorry for the overkill with the pictures, especially for anyone that's been to our house and been on the obligatory Tour of Miles' Sketchbook!)

4 comments:

The Hardy's said...

You have a budding artist at your house! My oldest, Evan, loves to draw and has since he was little. Miles has got a talent there!

The pictures all all so cute!

Andrea said...

Eve, I love all Miles' drawings. He has some serious artistic talent, which he totally gets from you (and of course the husband). I don't think there is any overkill of photos oh his drawings. I can't get enough.

Sacajawea said...

He is so so so good. He seems way advanced for what I'd expect for his age. Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

liesel said...

I love Miley's drawings, I could see five times as many and would only want more. I admire your support for his talent. A ream of paper is a great idea for a gift. (Sohvi goes through paper like there is no tomorrow... I may steal the idea from you, she'd love it!)