Saturday, July 9, 2011

this for that

aaarrrgh!!
even though i haven't been busy blogging the past few months, i have been busy sewing. a lot of gifts & things i haven't taken pictures of, but here are a few i have.
miles saw a cheesy plastic pirate patch in one of those rip-off claw arcade games and wanted it SOOO bad. the only consolation was that i would make one for him.
i like this one way better! (it was his idea to draw stripes on the elastic with a sharpie)

here's another spin off on something store bought: finn has fallen hard for mickey mouse, but i come from a pretty anti-disney family (don't hate me!) and i'm still working through some stuff on that topic, so i just made my own version, and luckily, he LOVES it!

a pencil roll for finn. this was in his easter basket.
(i also made a scripture case for miles, but it didn't turn out too great.)
this has been put away, however, because finn loves to twist the colored pencil lead up & then break it off.

these pants were intended for our little friend amelia, but due to a cutting error on my part, they ended up being for leo. i felt really bad, but man- they are cute on this guy!

and all of that leads me to this:
some serious progress being made on my sewing room! i am SO excited!
it's all planned out & decorated in my mind already & i can't wait to show it to you when it's done.
huge thanks to mr. o and his dad (who keeps coming over on his days off to put another coat of mud up, and thus keeps his son motivated!).

just a disclaimer: i have to say that by posting pictures of things i've made, i totally don't mean to brag or fish for compliments- i hope it doesn't come across that way. i do it to document things i've done, and to inspire others. honestly i draw so much inspiration from reading other creative blogs, and get a lot of ideas & motivation from others so i just hope to pass it along!

3 comments:

Sacajawea said...

Love them all!

Eve - I really think creation/art is meant to be shared. It's as valid and important as words, opinions or anything else you'd find being shared.

Sharing my art makes me happy. It's a little language of its own and I think fellow creators and anyone that loves you, appreciates those little offerings of yourself. I hope you never stop sharing.

The Whitaker Family said...

I don't think it bragging at all and I totally love seeing stuff you're creating! Love it all, btw, and I think its cool that Miles contributed with the stripe idea-- genius, Miley!

SOOOOO exciting about your sewing room! Is the bathroom down there being done at the same time? That's so awesome that your FIL is such a great help!

liesel said...

You have excellent taste in fabric Eve. I love the pants fabric and the crayon roll fabric. And I adore how you've taken over-commercialized things and re-invented them in your own darling way (both the eye patch and Mickey Mouse).

And it doesn't come off as bragging, I think its generous to share ideas to the blogging world, because that is where I get a lot of inspiration from too.