Saturday, October 27, 2012

nostalgia



i am so nostalgic. i love old things. i love things that make me remember my childhood.
i love these pictures of my family (pre-me) so much!
i want to wrap up in memories and feelings like a cocoon and float down a river in my grandpa's canoe.
i miss my grandparents. i want to craft with my grandma m, and go camping and fishing with my grandpa b.
i want to talk to my parent's when they were my age.
i want to jump around in time, and be there in those pictures of my family before i was born. i want to experience it as i am now- aware and present.
i love the safety of memories from childhood. there is an excitement, awakening, quickening when i think about that time. an immense comfort. a longing.
i've been making a play list of all the old country songs i used to listen to as a child. some i haven't heard since then, and they fill my soul with remembrance.
i want to go back to being a child, simple and carefree.
i want to rain kisses on all my sisters. and i want to re-create that floral & green outfit!

4 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

Ahhh, I miss our grandparents too. So much. This post made me cry. Memories are as precious as gold... I love you, Evie-- I'll take your raining kisses anytime and wrap you up in tight, tight hugs!!! I love you!

Andrea said...

These pictures are so great to look at, and I'm not even part of your family! I love looking and thinking back at different times in my life. Makes me appreciate the present even more.

liesel said...

I miss Grandma and Grandpa too. And amen to the raining kisses!

eve said...

just have to clarify that i mean grandma murdock.. kristin has told me several times that my crafts remind her of grandma, and i wish i could know her now as an adult.. i do think we have similar taste! ...can't wait for heaven!