Friday, October 12, 2012
i loved everything about this..
mr. o showed me these youtube videos (part one, and part two), and i couldn't stop exclaiming about what i loved about everything in them the whole time!
i highly recommend you watch these, especially if you are my dad. (dad, i miss you and i wish i could watch you watch these, but i think i know exactly how you would act, and imagining that is a pretty good alternative!)
the (sort of) surprising thing is, they are from a show called top gear, which is obviously a guy's show. i am definitely not a car enthusiast, well, usually, but i can always appreciate good design. especially when it's vintage. and i love the modern futuristic lines of the boat. so much.
but that car stole my heart.
and then i figured something out:
i think that in order for me to really really love something, a car especially, it has to have some ugly. or, some aspect that other people find ugly.
for example, mr. o thinks the ferrari daytona is ugly. especially the front end. for some strange reason, that very aspect cements that car's awesomeness in my book. because i know it's not widely appealing.
that's not why i like it, but it makes me like it more. does that make any sense?
and is this all too much information about why i like what i like? who cares, right!?
but it was fun for me to figure that out. i want to drive a car (ahem, the jaguar) that some people would love, and some people would hate. and that's just how i am!
(other things i loved, the driver's awesomely eighties looks- feathered hair and everything, the cinematography, just all of it, it made me so happy!)
if you watch it, i'd love to hear what you think! do you care about cars? what do you like in a car?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I liked it! I've watched top gear a couple of times and while I am not a big car person, they are entertaining. And have british accents, which makes them that much more endearing. The lines on the boat were nice, but it didn't look fun in the least to be on. Ugh! That is so true about your tastes though! lol! I love it about you! I saw a darling vintage-ish roadster bike in New Orleans... and it made me think of you.
And that is an awesome classic car! I can see why you love it!
Randy watches Top Gear sometimes so I've seen it some too-- its a fun show. Sometimes VERY, very cool and/or funny. I liked the boat and the car both but yeah, the car better too. (I didn't watch much-- past my bedtime and my volume doesn't work right now.)
I've never been a huge car person but a few weeks ago I saw the most beautiful/cute light blue with a white stripe Mini Cooper and I fell in love...
Gorgeous car and gorgeous boat! Loved the video, but I wouldn't want either of them. Punishing ride in the boat, mechanical issues with the car... I really thought the Karman Ghia was super cool, especially if I'd had time to fix it up. Love you, Evie! (I think *you're* super cool.)
Post a Comment