Wednesday, December 17, 2008

fun finds for finn

so, i used finny's half birthday for an excuse to do a little shopping. of course it was spread out over a few months, but i thought i'd share!
i found the shoes on etsy. i fell in love with this shop (and her blog) right away. she was sweet enough to custom make the shoes for me, and was super quick & friendly.

then there's this hat. another must have. and another custom made from etsy. i really need to learn to knit one day. i have such a weakness for hand knits. but, really- an octopus instead of a pom pom? genuis! check out the shop here.

and last, but not least- tybooks. i have known about these books for awhile, but needed a younger baby to fully appreciate them (although miles loves them, too). know how babies love paper? too bad it dissolves when they inevitably put it in their mouths. these books are virtually indestructable for baby though, water & tear resistant, so.. let 'em at it!
they are thin & fit great in your diaper bag without taking up too much space. great introduction to books, because they can grab the pages themselves. finn loves it. he's getting another for christmas!






really, though- isn't one of the funnest things about babies dressing them & buying for them!?

2 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

Finn is SUCH a doll!!! All that stuff looks totally adorable on him-- great finds! Awww, I need to see you guys more..... !!! :(

liesel said...

adorable stuff on an adorable kid, AND catching it in a picture. It doesn't get much better than that.

I LOVE the octopus hat, it is phenomenal. I have loved the shoes (and etsy shop) ever since you first showed it to me. ..and though I knew about TY books already, they look pretty stinking cool, and someday... I'm gonna get some.