Saturday, May 23, 2009

garden update

it's growing!
granted, the tomatoes and strawberries were only slightly smaller when i bought them at a nursury, and the beans and cucumbers haven't sprouted yet, but i am very happy with our little garden.

so far no more cat attacks, but the zucchinni plants are growing too tall for the wire mesh covering, so i need to implement a new plan to keep that devil cat away!
i really have no idea what i'm doing- i could be watering too much because i want to be doing more! there's no weeds, and i haven't really noticed bugs yet.

i can really see why people get into gardening so much, i hope i can make it a permanant part of our lifestyle.

Family Gems
We Must Keep Anger Out of Our Homes
Posted: 10 Apr 2009 12:00 AM PDT
“Remember, ‘a soft answer turneth away wrath’ (Prov. 15:1). When my sweetheart and I were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple, Elder Harold B. Lee gave us wise counsel: ‘When you raise your voice in anger, the Spirit departs from your home.’ We must never, out of anger, lock the door of our home or our heart to our children. Like the prodigal son, our children need to know that when they come to themselves they can turn to us for love and counsel.”
Robert D. Hales, “Strengthening Families: Our Sacred Duty,” Ensign, May 1999, 33
Topics: Parenthood, Love

2 comments:

The Whitaker Family said...

Wow, that's SO cool!!! I'm super excited for your garden-- I think I'll do one next year (I wonder where we'll live then-- if it'll be feasible...) Anyway, I'm vicariously gardening through you so I'm psyched!!!

liesel said...

I NEED TO GET MINE PLANTED!!!! I'm close though, just bought a bunch of seeds, pulled out three trees growing in the garden area and tons of grass. I'm glad yours is going so nicely.