Sunday, May 24, 2009

the good stuff

i love sundays.

slowing down, spiritual renewal, family time- it doesn't get much better than that.

we had such a wonderful day today, we all got delicious naps after church, and then went to my sister's house for a family dinner.

everyone was so happy to see each other, and it was just a perfect time. there is nothing like family. my sister made yummy homemade tortillas, and there was lots of good food all around. then there was an impromptu talent show of sorts- some people doing contortionist tricks, some drumming, my mom even showed off with some push-ups!

on the drive home, we listened to nostalgic, sing-along music with the rain beating down and the lights reflecting on the roads and i was

just.

so.

happy.

i feel so full and blessed.

i wanted to bottle up that feeling.
and the next best thing is writing it down to preserve it.
and since i am better at writing it here than in my journal where it belongs, here it is.
i can't blog without a picture! this one is by angie

6 comments:

Whitney said...

I love this picture of the two little guys! So sweet!! Can't wait to see you all in just about a month!! xoxoxo- Whitney

The Whitaker Family said...

It was SUCH a great time, I agree! Wish I could've stayed for longer... AND I agree about Sundays in general. I love them... And I love you and your perfect little family!

liesel said...

it was delightful, I'm glad everybody (close) could come.

Andrea said...

That is such a cute picture of the boys. I love Miles's hair. Or is it Miles' hair? I never know.

Kristin said...

That is a cute picture? Did you use your camera or is that you in the background? Love it.

Erin said...

Oh eve, what a perfect day. I love sundays too. The picture of the boys is to die for!! love you, miss you!!!!