this year, my garden is pretty sad.
going to japan kind of messed me up, thinking that i had to hurry to get the garden in, and not having much time or mental energy to really plan it out, or prep it well. i went to a few garden stores spontaneously last saturday, and ended up planting everything that day! my tomatoes have never done well with the transplanting, and this year is no exception, but they usually come back from the brink of death, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed!
i planted raspberries, strawberries, tomatoes (big & cherry), and a crenshaw from nursery starts, as well as beans, peas, carrots, zucchini, cantaloupe, and pumpkins from seeds.
we'll see how they do!
do you have a garden? have you planted yet? what is your favorite thing to grow?
2 comments:
looks good to me! I am doing a pretty pitiful patio container garden. I didn't start early, or do seeds indoors. Just used the same dirt in containers I did last year, after turning it over a bit and plunked seeds in. Cucumbers and carrots and ocra have come up (and my sunflowers). Zucchini, basil and spearmint aren't willing to sprout under such pitiful conditions. And two of my three strawberry plants survived the winter. Not bad for minimal effort!
hey, better than nothing! Which is about what I have... Did zuchinni, squash and bell peppers-- one of each, in containers. ugh. I'm a lazy gardener too but maybe one day I'll live the dream!
Post a Comment