mr. o really wanted one with a slide out, and he was able to find one for a good deal. it is definitely a nicer trailer, but i have to admit there are a few things i miss about the old one.
i am sentimental like that!
anyways, with this new one, i wasted no time pulling down the horrible curtains in the bedrooms and making new ones. it has made a HUGE difference in how i feel about this trailer! i pulled them out the night we got it, because i was so excited to use this amazing curtain panel that i had found at a thrift store ages ago.
i've been using it for projects little by little, because i never thought i'd use it as a curtain, but luckily i had enough left for our bedroom in the trailer! it is so perfect in there & i love it so much.
i had to add some fabric to the ends of the curtains on two of the windows, but i love how it looks with the vintage tassel trim i had. i love when i can make things come together from materials i have on hand!
and here is the almighty slide out (i don't know if that's what it's officially called..;) which makes the living space seem huge. not too sure what i can do about this space. it's not bad, but i'm not loving the gold fixtures and wallpaper trim. but i can relax, because i love the bedroom areas SO MUCH!
i really dig the closet space. hey- we can hang our clothes up while we're camping if we want! and i just want to let it be known that i think that (*some*) little boy clothes are really-really-really-really cute.
(sorry about the blurry picture, it was actually raining outside while i was taking these, so the shutter speed was suuuper slow). here are the triple bunks at the back. i can't even express how happy i am to have an outlet for vintage floral sheets and quilts! i could never pull it off in a house full of boys, but somehow in here i am making it work and man, it feels good!
since we got this, we've been camping every weekend. i kind of can't get enough of it, even if the sleep is less than restful.
i kind of wish i could take naps out there, and then lay on the couch and read every day and check out of reality for a bit. it's fun to think about, anyway.
it took me awhile to get used to the idea of a trailer- i've always been a die-hard tent camper. i still love the idea of a tent- it seems so cozy, natural, and fort-like, but boy it is fun to play house in a trailer!
what do you think? are you a tent camper, trailer lover, or do you hate camping altogether?
3 comments:
I love ALL of the curtains you made! Especially the pieced one on the top bunk bed, sooooo cute! Are you going to take off the wallpaper and paint, or do new wallpaper or something? You can spray paint the gold fixtures silver or whatever else you want... What does the kitchen look like? I wanna see it! Come drive it up to Montana and play with me!
Wow, Eve, I really like it. And I love how you've decorated/made it your own. Sounds SOOOOO fun-- awesome that you've gone camping every weekend!!
I'm pretty sure it's bigger than our house in Orem. I love it and can't wait to see it in person. If I went camping in that I'd never leave it, so I guess it's good we don't have one. I like the Sesame Street pillow case.
Post a Comment