miles found a praying mantis outside the school on his first day, and wanted to pose with it! if i knew how to edit pictures on my imac, i would circle that little bug for you..
i had so much anxiety this year, with him being gone all day and eating lunch at school and everything. he seems to be doing fine, although he's mentioned he's not ready to be at school so long. me either, buddy! i kind of have a pit in my stomache about this year. i hope it's a good one anyways!
and then, finn was off to his first day of preschool today. he was so excited, and not a bit uncomfortable for me to drop him off at a new house that he's unfamilliar with. we're doing a co-op preschool, which is what i did with miles and really liked it. although finn is on a waiting list for a preschool at the high school where home-ec students will be teaching, so he might have a change of scene in october.
he had lots of fun at preschool and i know he's really happy to have something of his own, now. he is crazy about his backpack and pencil box full of new crayons, scissors, pencils and a gluestick!
somehow those things never get old! ah, the memories.
how are you faring with back-to-school? or does it even affect you? (if not, i'm jealous!)
3 comments:
ohmygoodness your handsome boys!!!!!! Love them!!! Don't talk to me about all day school yet-- I don't blame your anxiety-- I'm sure I'll be there next year too. Hope it goes well! And I see the bug, I think. ITs on the ground next to his scooter??
Love the pictures!
I love the bug pose! He'll be fine in all day... Sohvi loved the transition. And Max loved all day Kindergarten last year. Ours starts on tuesday, and though I have dutifully found a few clothes... I am nowhere near being close to ready. Hopefully today will rectify that. If there are any school supplies left. (which there probably aren't) I thrifted an darling pair of sandals for Sohvi for a quarter though!!!
Post a Comment