this dog statue was outside shibuya station, and jen said people were always taking pictures of it. turns out it's this dog, which i had seen a movie about last year!
after shopping, we went to lunch at a yummy thai food restaurant. this whole day mr. o was the odd man out. we met one of jen's friends for lunch and more shopping. he was a sport to go along with it all- but i guess he didn't have much of an alternative, either!
this is an amazing ribbon shop that i passed on a holiday (it was closed), lost sleep over (so many plans & project ideas!), and then went back to. i was like a kid in a (really pricey) candy shop!
it was so hard to settle on which ones/colorways to get. i wanted them all! this was the only time we were in a real local mom-and-pop type shop, where we had to communicate with gestures & drawings, but the lady was so sweet.
i loved this "no smoking" sign- have you ever seen a cigarette crying? so cute!
here is our nephew cole, and niece savannah at an audition for a spareribs commercial! cole ended up getting the part, which is just one of m-a-n-y modeling/commercial jobs he's done here in japan!
here's our niece ava, and cole on the restaurant patio.
up next, hiroshima!
see parts one, two, and three!
3 comments:
Eve, I love all your Japan pictures. I love those ribbons especially. I'm glad you guys got to go.
I wanna see your loot! And there are tons of Statue of Liberty replicas... I got curious! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicas_of_the_Statue_of_Liberty
yeah, that ribbon shop sure is eye-catching!
Post a Comment