i happened across this lois lenski book at our library, and fell head over heels! i am now on a quest to own as many of her childrens books as possible. i thought i should start with farmer small, since it is the first one we discovered.
when i looked for it on amazon, it was out of print, and could only be found hardback for around $30, but when i clicked the teeny link for more options, i found this library bound edition for a mere $2 and it was mine! (*cough* i mean, my kids')
i completely adore her illustrations. this book was originally published in 1942 and is chock full of charm and character.
2 comments:
SO CUTE!!!!!!! Thanks for letting the rest of us in on your discovery...
I love Lois Lenski!! Though I haven't seen anything of hers since I was a kid. She has older kid books too, I remember reading them when I was ten or so. Love her illustrations, AND stories. What a great find!
Post a Comment