Monday, January 26, 2009

snow treat


i can't remember where i recently found this recipe for snow ice cream, it was a link from a link from a link to a blog i don't follow. but the recipe was simple, and i've been waiting for fresh snow ever since!


1. gather a gallon or so of fresh, clean snow

2. mix 2 cups whole milk with 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla

3. add snow & enjoy!


this made more than we could eat, so we'll see how it freezes. pretty yummy, though, and really fun! i think it will be a new winter tradition.
(doesn't it look like mashed potatoes?)

3 comments:

liesel said...

looks yummy! does it need to be whole milk (or should I try it out with 2% and see..)

The Hardy's said...

What a great idea! Next time we get snow here I'll have to remember that. Snow doesn't come to often so maybe when we come there next year.

Do you realize that Miles is almost a 'hidden Mickey' in the first picture? So cute

Detta said...

I agree--Miles looks SO delighted--and so charming, in that picture!