
so, my email inbox is slowly filling up with 'daily gems' and 'family gems' which are inspirational quotes from lds church leaders. i subscribed to them here.
they used to have the individual topics in the subjec line, and i saved my favorites in a special folder. now, they all just say 'daily gems' or 'family gems' as the subject, and i can't organize them. so, i got the bright idea to put them here, after each post. then i can tag the post with the topic, and search them later if i need to.
i think it's nice to get a spiritual thought every day amid all the other distractions online. i hope you think so, too, because you're gonna get them now, too!
...but, i guess you don't have to read them..
oh, and don't you love this little turtle? i am going to be making several for the spring beehive bazaar that's coming up. they may have matching eyes, though.. i swear this guy wanted his like this! he is going to be finn's buddy, but not till his birthday!
Daily Gems
Root Out the Last Vestiges of Impurity
Posted: 22 Dec 2008 01:00 AM CST
"Let us not justify ourselves in a casual effort. Let us not be content to retain some disposition to do evil. Let us worthily partake of the sacrament each week and continue to draw upon the Holy Spirit to root out the last vestiges of impurity within us. I testify that as you continue in the path of spiritual rebirth, the atoning grace of Jesus Christ will take away your sins and the stain of those sins in you, temptations will lose their appeal, and through Christ you will become holy, as He and our Father are holy. "I know Jesus Christ as the living, resurrected Son of God."
D. Todd Christofferson, "Born Again," Ensign, May 2008, 78
Topics: Holy Ghost, Sacrament

3 comments:
Cute turtle! I like the non-matching eyes...
LOVE the thought 'gem'! GREAT one! I'm looking forward to reading them on your blog...
I really like the turtle. he's darling.
Evie, I now NEED a turtle...I didn't know I needed one, but now that I know....when is the Beehive Bazaar?
Post a Comment