thursday night i tried my hand at embroidery. i've been meaning to learn for awhile, but every time i look online i get really confused. i thought i was doing a real stitch, but now i'm not so sure. oh well, hopefully it looks purposeful and maybe someone will even like it enough to buy it at the bazaar.
i just drew the little bird with a fabric marker and stitched it up. i have always done lots of hand stitching when i sew, so i think embroidery is a good fit for me. i just need someone who knows how to teach me in person. any takers?
and here is the back of the pillow with that great bird fabric.
miles made 'pom pom soup' while i tried to keep finn from eating it. it wasn't a pretty sight wheni decided it was time to put them away. we decided it would be his special game when finn was nursing or napping.
Daily Gems
True Affection
Posted: 27 Jan 2009 01:00 AM CST
"President Hinckley . . . admonished both men and women to be nurturers. He said, 'How much more beautiful would be the . . . society in which we live if every father . . . and . . . mother regarded [their] children . . . as gifts from the God of heaven. . . and brought them up with true affection in the wisdom and admonition of the Lord' ("These, Or Little Ones," Ensign, Dec. 2007, 9)."
Susan W. Tanner, "My Soul Delighteth in the Things of the Lord," Ensign, May 2008, 82
Topics: Children, Parenthood
5 comments:
Bravo! The pillow is adorable- I'd buy it! :) Also, I taught myself to embroider using the "Stitch-it Kit" by Jenny Hart. Comes with all the stuff and a very easy to follow instruction booklet. But it looks like you're already off to a great start!
I love, love, love the pillow! Miles' pom pom soup looks tasty.
darling, eve! I can totally show you some stitches, but what you've done looks great too!
Hi Eve,
I too can show you some stitches. I love to embroider. But it looks like you did a great job. I know of a web site,(but can't find it right now) that has really good tutorials on it. I will have to get back to you on that. In fact I was thinking can we trade. I need help with my blog. stop by mine some time. Your boys are so cute! I love ya girl,
daurenet
My dad knows how to embroider, don't ask me how :) You did great! I want that pillow.
Post a Comment