
it's that time again! isn't my runny-nosed little 'helper' adorable? poor sickie baby.

oh, and be sure to check back tomorrow- i've got a little something up my sleeve for you!
Daily Gems
Tithing during the Depression
Posted: 23 Dec 2008 01:00 AM CST
"In 1936, at the height of the Great Depression in the United States, when people were struggling to make ends meet, Elder John A. Widtsoe admonished the Saints to pay their tithing because of the spiritual blessings they would receive. He said: 'Obedience to the law of tithing . . . brings a deep, inward joy . . . that can be won in no other way. . . . The principles of truth become clearer. . . . Prayer becomes easier. . . . The spiritual sense is sharpened [and] . . . man becomes more like his Father in Heaven' ("Tithing Testimonies of Our Leaders," Deseret News, May 16, 1936, Church Section, 5)."
Sheldon F. Child, "The Best Investment," Ensign, May 2008, 80-81
Topics: Tithes and Offerings, Obedience
2 comments:
Audrey and Randy are sick with colds too. BUMMER!!!!!
Love the gems!!!
Okay I have your blog now. Hurray. Okay that picture of Fin is so cute. He totally looks different than I thought and completely different than Myles. He is a lot more of you. He's adorable. Can't wait to see him this summer. I'm glad I got to see you at the dinner. You look so skinny and gorgeous!!
Post a Comment