Tuesday, September 1, 2009

smitten


infatuated

swept off my feet

besotted

captivated

charmed

enamoured

crazy about

intoxicated

(thank you, thesaurus)


this house may not look like much to you- our realtor refers to it as 'the barn'

but

it is all i want out of life.

as soon as i saw it online, i wanted to see more. then, when mr. o took me to look at it last night, my heart lept into my throat, and, with each successive look, i fell more and more in love.
it needs a lot of work, but my husband is quite the handyman, and in this state of infatuation a bit (or a barrel) of elbow grease sounds just about perfect. in fact, enjoyable.
but the back yard!
it puts ours to shame.
the view!
the trees!
and the house is more than four times the size of ours. it's all we could ever want or need. if i had millions of dollars i wouldn't want anything more than this in a house. i love it's character, location, and potential.
i don't have any more words to describe my desire for this. i can totally picture our family there for forever. for the boys to grow up there is the strongest desire of this material heart of mine at this point in time.

the problem is, our house hasn't sold.
this is a short sale, and our realtor says it's common for short sales to take at least six months to go through, and i want so badly to put an offer in now!
but i can't see how it would work, we couldn't get approved for two mortgages (let alone afford two payments).
i want to just take the chance that our house would sell in the time it takes for the sale to go through (assuming our offer would be accepted) but i know we need a back-up plan.

maybe soon my heart rate will return to normal, and i'll come back to earth. you never know what will happen. i just know that the mister and i both agreed we would buy this house right now without looking around at any others if we could...

5 comments:

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

Oh, I do know that feeling. I feel that way about my aunt's house. Is it bad to covet something that belongs to someone you know?

I hope you find a way to score your perfect house! (but I hope it is in our ward!)

Laura said...

Good luck! I hope you sell you house soon so you can get in your dream house.

Rob and Jennifer said...

What a cool house! I hope you guys get it.

The Whitaker Family said...

I'm sosososososososososososo sorry, Evie! But I'm glad at least that I could talk to you about it... LOTS of love.............

Erin said...

Oh eve, that house is BEAUTIFUL! And huge! The house that we are buying is a short sale. It has been a bit of a pain but now looking back, worth it. I hope so badly that you get this house!