Thursday, March 12, 2009

my job

doing dishes, washing/folding/hanging clothes, picking up clutter, cooking meals, changing diapers... and on and on and on...

but
i set my own hours, and i have the sweetest little bosses.
actually, as daunting as these never-ending tasks can be, i find that i actually enjoy them once i am in the thick of things. something about it appeals to the organizational part of me. (is that a word? and, if so, is it spelled right?)

plus, if i remember, i get to wear my cute apron!

Family Gems
The Power of a Parent’s Prayer
Posted: 13 Feb 2009 01:00 AM CST
“Parents can offer a unique and wonderful kind of prayer because they are praying to the Eternal Parent of us all. There is great power in a prayer that essentially says, ‘We are steward-parents over Thy children, Father; please help us to raise them as Thou wouldst want them raised.' "
M. Russell Ballard, “Daughters of God,” Ensign, May 2008, 110
Topics: Parenthood, Prayer

4 comments:

liesel said...

that IS a really cute apron. Maybe if I had one that cute I'D like doing the dishes. Nah, but its a nice thought.

The Whitaker Family said...

LOVE the apron (where did you get it?) and love the gem too-- YAY!

Camilla said...

I'm glad I know someone as cute as you :)

Jennifer Napierski said...

It's all about looking cute in the apron! I'm glad to see you are one of the wiser women who know that! We can handle anything as long as we look good doing it!