Wednesday, March 11, 2009

not much

well, i went for a drive today- looking for that darling jeep... (mentioned here. scroll down.)
it's gone.

huh?

i thought it was too old to be in use, but apparantly not.
rock on.
i wish i was driving it.
but, then again, i like my power steering and working heat/ac.
however, i cannot leave you in the lurch. (i am talking to you)
so, here is a picture of an old truck.
do you like it?
i do.


Daily Gems
The Will of God
Posted: 26 Feb 2009 11:00 PM PST
"Discerning and accepting the will of God in our lives are fundamental elements of asking in faith in meaningful prayer. However, simply saying the words 'Thy will be done' is not enough. Each of us needs God's help in surrendering our will to Him." 'Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other' (Bible Dictionary, "Prayer," 752-53). Humble, earnest, and persistent prayer enables us to recognize and align ourselves with the will of our Heavenly Father. And in this the Savior provided the perfect example as He prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane, 'saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. . . . And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly' (Luke 22:42, 44)."
David A. Bednar, "Ask in Faith," Ensign, May 2008, 96-97
Topics: Faith, Prayer

6 comments:

Kristin said...

What was the little jeep like? It sounds dreamy.

kaarina said...

i do! i like the truck!

Michael Bendio said...

Evie, I think you have some real talent as a photographer...

The Whitaker Family said...

Huh, the gem is from one of my fav. talks! I have a link to it on my blog.....

yup, I like the truck. To look at. :)

Janel said...

Whenever my kids see old pickups they say, "there Matier"(? if I wasn't so lazy I could look at one of the kids books for the spelling)
I have always loved anything old!

Angie Berrio said...

I always drive by that truck and think of its potential.