well i hope so, anyways. and by saddle, i mean the chair where i sit and sew.
i have been in a bit of a sewing funk lately, what with most of our little family hit by a nasty flu(finn was spared, i think).
and
i have to admit, once i have made something once i lose interest in it. so this making of multiple items for the bazaar can be a bit of a chore. it just takes motivation and some mome
ntum.i've been meaning to make/do something for our friend angie, who took our family pictures for free. she found this tutorial for a cloak for her little boy, and i was happy to make it with some left over wool from miles' halloween hat.
i got the wrong measurement at first (head to foot instead of neck to foot) and it ended up being big enough for miles! so i had him model it for me before i hemmed it, and then cut about a foot off. right after the pictures, as we were walking back inside, rain started to fall. it immediately turned to snow, and, no exageration, these pictures were taken about two hours later.


it was a total white-out. i had to get a perscription at the store, and i was scraping the windows of my car, but by the time i finished i needed to start again. it was insane. needless to say, it was a perfect opportunity to make snow ice cream again!
isn't our back yard great? i love the trees. it is by far the best feature of our little house.
Family Gems
A Happy Home Is a Haven
Posted: 23 Feb 2009 01:00 AM CST
“A happy home is but an earlier heaven. President George Albert Smith asked, ‘Do we want our homes to be happy? If we do, let them be the abiding place of prayer, thanksgiving and gratitude’ (in Conference Report, Apr. 1944, p. 32.)”
Thomas S. Monson, “Precious Children—A Gift from God,” Ensign, Nov 1991, 68
Topics: Gratitude

6 comments:
I think Angie will LOVE it!!! It's perfect!!!
Evie, seriously, how do you make everything so dang cute!
miles looks incredibly charming in that adorable cloak. glad you guys are all better. flu season sucks.
You have a wonderful backyard! All those trees probably help the heat problem(in the summer)!
I just have to tell you I laugwhen I read that you get bored if you have to make something more than once. That is exactly how I am too. I always think "too bad I can't hire someone for production." Wishful thinking.
Miles is a perfect little model-- how cute! Also, I love the cape! YAY!!
And the trees in your backyard (heck your whole backyard) are awesome!
The best advantage of an older home: the wonderful trees in the yard!
And I agree with your sisters--Miles looks absolutely adorable in that cape!
Mom
Post a Comment